Litecoin Team Published a Roadmap For 2017
Litecoin developers presented an updated roadmap for 2017, that included the key plans and objectives of the project. The document is published on the official website of Litecoin Core.
The new roadmap for Litecoin includes the following key points:
- Release 0.13.3
- Rebase Litecoin to Bitcoin Core 0.14.1
- BIP173 - Bech32 addresses: more secure address format designed for segregated witness
- Switch Litecoin’s p2sh address prefix from ‘3’ to ‘M’
- Help update various libraries to support the new address type.
- Encourage adoption with large transaction producers and wallets including exchanges.
- Relaunch our Android wallet
- Add support for buying litecoins with Coinbase Buy Widget.
- New UI.
- New app tutorials
- Android Wallet - LoafWallet Core C library.
It is expected to release 220.127.116.11 Electrum-LTC
- Add SegWit support to Litecore and Insight block explorer
- Improve uptime as many products rely on it
- Work with Lightning developers on building out the infrastructure for lightning network on Litecoin.
- Work on cross chain atomic swap between Litecoin and Vertcoin.
- Add MAST, Covenants, and re-enable some Satoshi OP codes
- Enable smart contract and secure Litecoin by output address designation
- Litecoin.network is a project to be launched, that will track information regarding the Litecoin network, making it easily accessible and viewable in one place.
- The site will also track development, network economics, mining and more specialised information such as mempool size.
- Historic data available through API, and as a CSV file.
- Work on funding Litecoin developers by raising funds through means like donations and selling Litecoin branded items like Ledger Nano S, t-shirts.
- Ensure financial transparency.
- Hire full time developers to work on Litecoin Core.
- Provide infrastructure for the Litecoin development team like Github/DigitalOcean/Slack/Mail services.
In future team will plan to research Schnorr Signatures, confidential transactions and Litecoin network scaling.